Are you as an artist connected with Brabant? Are you ambitious and do you want to invest in the artistic and practical development of your professional practice? Then you may be eligible for Inversie, a talent development program in Noord-Brabant for visual artists.
OPen Call INVERSIE
Inversie is a short-term program that focuses on young or starting talents up to five years after graduation who have specific development questions in their practice. From December 15, 2022, to January 29, 2023, you can register at Inversion via this open call.
How does it work?
JYou can register by sending an e-mail to email@example.com with your CV, your portfolio and a motivation. After the deadline we will check in February whether your application is complete. You will receive a message from us in mid-February whether you are in the first selection, after which selection interviews will be scheduled. We will finalize the selection at the end of February and start the first activity in March 2023. Of course, you can always sent an e-mail if you have any questions.
– Graduated two to five years
– Living or working in Brabant, or a connection with Brabant
– A proven autonomous and artistic practice
– A proven investigative or experimental work attitude
– Spend at least two days a week on your practice
– Available to participate in all parts of the program
– Willing to share knowledge and be a part of the group
– Insightful ambitions for the short and long term
Your application for Inversion or consists of:
- Your motivation in which you explain why Inversion is urgent for you to participate. In this you indicate as clearly and specific as possible what your development questions are, what your ambition is, your artistic vision, how active you are within your practice or the arts and why you want to participate.
- Please note, Inversie has two tracks, so clearly indicate which year you want to participate.
- Your CV with a relevant selection and your full details including website and social media links.
- Your portfolio with visual material and, if applicable, links to audiovisual material, provided with title, year, material, context, partners or collaboration and a short substantive explanation.
Inversie guides talented young visual artists who graduated two to five years ago – and are connected to Brabant – in the transition from the academy to a versatile professional practice. For ten months, artists who place their field of work outside the regular frameworks of the art world are guided in their artistic development and appropriate entrepreneurship. Inversie stands for reversing the ordinary order and also dares to go off the beaten track in search of innovative methods that suit the art and the artist. The strength of Inversie lies in the personal guidance, group bonding and substantive deepening, with which a foundation for self-confidence is laid in combination with workshops and expert meetings. Inversion works in the program with various partners in the arts in Brabant such as Kunstpodium T, Willem Twee Kunstruimte, Witte Rook, Stedelijk Museum Breda, Grafisch Atelier Den Bosch and TAC.
One open call, two development projects
Inversion has a trajectory in 2023: Inversion#3, and in 2024: Inversion#4. Selection is made for both years via this open call with the possibility of a partly entry. Each trajectory lasts 10 months: Inversion#3 is from March through December 2023 and Inversion#4 is from February through November 2024.
From December 15, 2022 to January 29, 2023 jump! and Inversie scout together talented artists who live, work or have a proven connection with Brabant. Both jump! as Inversie offer a trajectory for visual artists, with the difference that Inversie is a short-term program that focuses on young or starting talents up to five years after graduation and jump! is aimed at artists who have been active for four years or more. You can sign up with Inversie or jump! by sending an e-mail to the hub you want to apply for with your CV, your portfolio and a motivation. For more information about jump! Click here
Deadline: Sunday 29 January 23:59.
To apply at Inversie: firstname.lastname@example.org
Edition: 2023 or 2024 (indicate for which year you want to apply for).
Motivation: maximum 1000 words
CV: supply as PDF maximum 3 A4 and not smaller than font size 10.
Portfolio: supply as 1 PDF maximum 10 A4 and no larger than 20MB.
About TalentHub Brabant
The TalentHub program was set up by the Province of Noord-Brabant for the development of talent and to enable to work professionally. In the TalentHub, talents are selected by the sector itself and receive specific support through a network of festivals, venues, presentation institutions and various organisations. Whether it is a hub for music, theatre, dance, literature, design or visual arts, there is a central place for talent.